Sunday, May 4, 2008

Reunion

In Thamizh, there is a phrase "பிரிந்தவர் கூடினால் பேசவும் வேண்டுமோ ", meaning, that words fail when lost souls find themselves after a long time. But I feel this has to be viewed in a different perspective. Recently it happened in my family. Two dear sisters (my Mom and Aunt), who were so close and intimate were split due to a trivial issue that flared up into a family feud. Now a common issue brought about a situation that my Aunt should come home to us. Initial reluctance was overcome. We secretly wished there would be no fireworks now. Every soul in the family had given their try at reconciliaton earlier. Now we were eager to see these two back to their old friendly forms. The day came and my aunt arrived. My Mom greeted her. They were talking of all things, but something was really missing. Each had a complex feeling of uneasiness of the distance that prevailed between them. They both were assuming that the other would not accept wholeheartedly. Now having come this far, I sincerely feel they talk out the main issue amicably and see that the matters are done straight. But as I said, words fail. There is uneasiness in the air, but we are looking forward to the sisters run into each other and hug and shrug off the differences.
Pray to God this happens at the earliest and both the families be happy on the Reunion.

No comments: